Our farm runs on the octane of our many volunteers, who each contribute their unique signature to develop our mission of bringing the local farmer back into the lives of our community. There are many ways you can share your gifts with our farm.
We actively recruit, train, develop, and celebrate our staff members here, because we know that the most important rule to follow if you want a great organization is to “get the right people on the bus.”
We can almost guarantee our volunteers a great experience at the farm, whether it’s for a few hours one time, or on a regular basis.
Here are some ways we could use some help this 2017 Season:
- Farm Clean Up Day (May)
- Weed pulling blitzes
- Seeding in the greenhouse
- Help with cleaning the garlic (Sept/Oct)
- Tomato Staking (major upper body workout) (June)
- Help build our new greenhouse (Oct/Nov)
- Bring us dinner at a CSA pick up site night (Tuesday or Thursday)
- Be an assistant site host at the Elmore site on Tuesdays, helping pass out shares
- Help set up for a farm chef dinner event
- Help as a harvester (Monday, Wednesdays evenings, or Friday mornings)