Half Share: $410 Full Share: $760
A box of certified organic vegetables, picked fresh from our farm in Elmore. Season runs 18 weeks, starting early June through early October. Each box contains about 6 different varieties of veggies each week, depending on the season.
The half vegetable share is the perfect size for a beginning customer or a small family (2-4 people). The Full Share is designed for large families, committed vegetable eaters, and seasoned veterans in the kitchen who want to store away extra food for the winter months. It is exactly twice the portion size of the half share.
Your Vegetable Share includes the following benefits:
- 18 weeks of our fresh and great-tasting vegetables (June-October). This includes the core box plus access to the extras table.
- Access to the private SLF Facebook group — A community of SLF foodies all eating the same food each week, and supporting each other in the process. This is also the location of the training tutorials.
- A wide variety of veggies each week– You’ll get a healthy mix of staples and artisanal veggies in each box. We do that on purpose because we know that you would never choose napa cabbage on your own. But we’ve seen countless people who have expanded their tastes because we “forced them” to try someone new. And since we’re about changing the way people eat, this feature is a non-negotiable for us.
- The “USDA Certified Organic” label — You have total food security with our farm. You can’t “fudge the rules” when you’re audited by a third-party certifier.
- You’re supporting a local business — You can know that 100% of your dollars are going right to our family to support us. I use your deposit to support our family and farm expenses in the spring months all the way through December.
- Training for how to eat our food — No other CSA does this like we do. We believe this is a necessary piece of the puzzle in helping people learn how to eat our food. You’ll have access to updated video trainings, vegetable “exit strategies,” PDF cheatsheets, and a comprehensive Ebook library for every veggie we grow.
- Weekly Recipes and Meal plans, prepared by our registered dietitian and CSA coach. These give you a starting point for using your box to combat the feeling of overwhelm that often comes with the early years of CSA membership.
- Access to 5 farm events and workshops. Because we know this helps you build a relationship with us.